View the latest SFU Vancouver Homes for Sale MLS Listings. Updated Hourly. SFU Vancouver Homes provides many housing options for Students and Faculty Members, including Condos, Apartments, Townhouses, and Single Family Detached Houses.
Find the best MLS Listings for SFU Vancouver Homes for sale.
SFU University Quick Facts
- 1st in Canada in the Comprehensive category — Maclean’s University Rankings 2015
- 16th worldwide in top 50 universities under 50 years old — QS Top Universities 2014-2015
- 30th worldwide for education, tied with National Sun Yat-Sen University (Taiwan) — Times Higher Education 2011-2012
- 1st in Canada in the category of Four Palmes: Top Business Schools with Significant International Influence for Simon Fraser University’s Beedie School of Business — Eduniversal Ranking 2014
- 49th of the top 50 in the world for Simon Fraser University’s School of Computing Science — Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) 2014
- 2nd in Canada for obtaining the greatest number of Social Sciences and Humanities Grants — Maclean’s University Rankings 2015
SFU Percentage of International Students
At SFU, 16.9% of the total undergraduate population is comprised of international students, 56.8% of whom come from China. 2014 saw a 39.3% increase over 2013 in undergraduate students from Nigeria. 1,233 graduate international students registered in Fall 2014, an increase of 8.2% over Fall 2013. 28.3% of the total graduate population at SFU is made up of international students.
SFU has three campuses in all. (SFU Burnaby, SFU Surrey, SFU Vancouver). The first is the main campus which crowns Burnaby Mountain within the City of Burnaby, British Columbia. This is SFU’s original campus, consisting of over eight faculties and three dozen buildings.
The Vancouver campus encompasses multiple facilities which lie at the heart of the city. In 2009, the Vancouver Sun called SFU’s Vancouver campus “the intellectual heart of the city.” SFU’s Surrey campus, on the other hand, finds itself within the centre of one of Canada’s most lively cities. Though the latter is fast-growing, this campus does offer fewer academic programs. However, SFU students are welcomed to enroll in class at any of the three campuses.